Fish with Caper Butter and Olivia’s Croutons
Skill Level: Easy
This recipe is so quick and easy. You can make it in 15 minutes, barely time to make rice! Serve with a nice green salad to use the remainder of your croutons!
- ¾-1 pound fish of choice. I used Haddock and it was perfect.
- 1-1 ½ cups Olivia’s Butter & Garlic Croutons (or favorite flavor), lightly crushed
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat Olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic and sauté slightly.
- Clean and dry fish and brush with mayonnaise. Cover pieces of fish with crushed croutons and place in skillet to brown with onions and garlic.
- Turn fish when underside in nicely browned.
- Place sautéed onions on top of fish. If you are using thick filets of fish you may want to cover for a few minutes to cook through.
- Once fish is browned on both sides add butter, capers, lemon juice and any remaining croutons and cook for a few more minutes.
Check out these customer favorite recipes