Olivia’s Panzanella Salad with Organic Butter & Garlic Croutons
Skill Level: Easy
Cuisine: Italian American
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 box or 2 cups of Olivia's Butter & Garlic Croutons, (or your flavor of choice) slightly crushed
- 2 cups ripe tomato, in chunks with the seeds removed (or try cherry tomatoes, cut in half)
- 1 cup cucumber, in chunks with the seeds removed
- Yellow peppers
- ¾ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup capers, or substitute sliced Kalamata olives
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, slightly chopped
- Vinaigrette Dressing
- Add 1 box or 2 cups of Olivia's Garlic & Herb Croutons and toss with dressing.
- Allow to rest in refrigerator for half an hour to soften croutons.
- Mix together heirloom cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, yellow peppers, thinly sliced red onion, pitted Kalamata olives (or capers), and fresh basil, and add to softened croutons.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients and let stand for flavors to blend.
Check out these customer favorite recipes