Pesto Chicken with Tomatoes and Butter & Garlic Croutons
Skillet Pesto Chicken. So simple, yet so flavorful!
Skill Level: Easy
Cuisine: Italian American
Prep Time: 5 minues
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
This juicy one-pan pesto chicken dish is a delicious and easy meal to make. The flavors are incredible! Use your favorite store bought pesto, or make your own! (We've included one below).
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut in ½
- Garlic powder
- ½ box Olivia’s Butter & Garlic croutons
- 3 Tbsp pesto from the store, or see recipe below
- 1 ½ cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil to medium high.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until it starts to crisp.
- Spoon pesto liberally over chicken.
- Disburse tomatoes and Olivia's Butter and Garlic croutons around chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add pine nuts to top of dish and bake an additional 10 minutes to toast nuts.
- After skillet is out of the oven sprinkle with torn, fresh basil leaves.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp pine or walnuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in small Cuisinart or chopper. Pulse until combined. You can also mix by hand with a mortar and pestle.
Check out these customer favorite recipes