Sausage and Mushroom Stuffins
Stuffing in the shape of a muffin
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Rachel Ray did it first and it was such a no brainer… (Stuffing in the shape of a muffin) lots of extra crispy parts. I really love sausage and mushrooms in my stuffing. I created this recipe just for me, but I’m willing to share! It’s so yummy.
Yields: 12 Stuffins
- 1 c. medium chopped celery
- 1 c. medium chopped onion
- 1 c. medium chopped mushrooms
- 1 lb. lean breakfast sausage, cooked and defatted
- 4 Tbsp or ½ stick of butter
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 bag/ 5 cups Olivia’s Traditional or Cornbread Stuffing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 eggs well beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized skillet, cook breakfast sausage. Break into small pieces as it is cooking.
- When cooked through remove to a plate and drain fat.
- While sausage is cooking chop celery, onion and mushroom.
- In a large sized skillet melt butter. Add celery, onion and mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Add cooked sausage. Add chicken broth and warm.
- Remove skillet from heat and add Olivia’s stuffing mix.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes to allow broth to soften stuffing cubes.
- While stuffing is resting, grease 12 piece muffin tin.
- When stuffing mixture has softened, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add beaten eggs and stir gently.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into muffin tins, packing gently and mounding over the top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tins and serve.
Leftovers are great sliced and toasted and topped with leftover gravy.
Check out these customer favorite recipes